§ 46.2-861. Driving too fast for highway and traffic conditions.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who exceeds a reasonable speed under the circumstances and traffic conditions existing at the time, regardless of any posted speed limit.
Virginia Reckless Driving THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Reckless Driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving is punishable by up to 12 months in jail and/or a fine not to exceed $2,500.00.
- Reckless Driving is a six (6) point offense
- Reckless Driving stays on a driving record for 11 years.
- Reckless Driving on a criminal record remains for the rest of you life.
- You can perform MITIGATION EFFORTS prior to court in an effort to minimize the charge or the punishment. Click here.