§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
Virginia Reckless Driving THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Reckless Driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving is punishable by up to 12 months in jail and/or a fine not to exceed $2,500.00.
- Reckless Driving is a six (6) point offense
- Reckless Driving stays on a driving record for 11 years.
- Reckless Driving on a criminal record remains for the rest of you life.
- You can perform MITIGATION EFFORTS prior to court in an effort to minimize the charge or the punishment. Click here.