Aggressive & Innovative Defense Strategies
Virginia DUI Disposition Information
As a result of a DUI conviction in Fairfax County Courts, you may be ordered to complete certain programs. Below is the information you need to ensure compliance with the Court’s order.
1. REPORT TO THE CLERK'S OFFICE: At the Traffic Clerk’s Office on the 1st floor of the Judicial Center in Fairfax County, you can make arrangements to pay your fines and court costs, enroll in the Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program (VASAP), and obtain your restricted license.
- Court Costs: Failing to pay your fines and costs within 90 days, unless other arrangements are made with the Court, will result in you being in violation of the suspended portion of your sentence and the fines are sent to collections.
2. VASAP: The Contact information for VASAP in Fairfax is 10700 Page Ave Suite 201
Fairfax, VA 22030. Phone: (703) 246-2727. A failure to enroll in VASAP will result in a violation of the terms and conditions of your suspended sentence. You must enroll in VASAP within 15 days. When you report to VASAP, you should bring your vehicle registration so they can facilitate the installation of ignition interlock.
3. RESTRICTED LICENSE: In Fairfax County, your restricted license is prepared by the clerk’s office. You should report there immediately after Court. The Clerk will prepare the license and give you information about VASAP and the Ignition Interlock Device.
4. IGNITION INTERLOCK: Before you can validly drive on a restricted license, you must install the ignition interlock device. VASAP provides information about this but there are only a few providers in Virginia. Draeger, SmartStart, Lifesaver and Intoxalock .All of these providers have locations in Northern Virginia. You must choose a location and have VASAP send them a copy of the Court order. Please choose a location and have VASAP fax them the order so they may install the device in your car. Please contact me after you have had the Ignition Interlock Device installed for a period of 6 months so we can petition the court for removal.
5. LICENSE ISSUES: You license is suspended until such a time as you apply for a restricted license. Once that license is granted, you will have to comply with some Virginia DMV requirements before you can validly drive in Virginia. After 30 days but no later than 60 days from the time you withdraw your appeal, you may go to the Virginia DMV to take care of the following: (1) pay a reinstatement fee (http://www.dmv.state.va.us/drivers/#reinstate.asp), (2) show proof that you have enrolled in VASAP, and (3) show proof of FR-44 insurance (https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/commercial/#insurance/certifications.asp). You can obtain a compliance summary from any Virginia DMV or Online. This outlines the exact things you need to do to ensure your license is automatically reinstated
As a reminder, there is an outstanding balance of $1,500.00 on your case. You may make the payment online at https://secure.lawpay.com/pages/dischleylaw/payment.
“I chose Dischley Law in part because they are a Veteran-owned firm, but also because of their competitive fees and the compassion they demonstrated as I described my case during the consultation”- C.G.
“After receiving a Reckless Driving summons in Fairfax, VA, I contacted a number of lawyers. I found my conversation with Dischley Law to be the most helpful and comforting.”- R.M.
“You will not find a more caring and proactive attorney in your search for effective representation. David gets right to the heart of the case, finds the defenses, and presents them at the right time.”- J.M.
Responsive. Assertive. Accomplished.
More reasons to Choose Our Firm:
We've Served Our Country & Community Through Military Service & As Former Prosecutors
We Have Over 30 Years of Combined Legal Experience
We Are Boutique Firm With Large Firm Experience & Reputation
We Use Knowledge, Strategy & Innovation to Produce Results
Our Firm Is Top-Rated & Award-Winning
Your Initial Consultation Is Free & Confidential
Contact us for a
Call (703) 215-9337 or Submit This Form